Monday, April 8, 2013

GoRed for Women Luncheon - OC

The fact is: Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year. That’s approximately one woman every minute! GoRedforWomen.org

On March 22 I was honored to be invited to the Orange County GoRed for Women Luncheon.  After meeting with the Orange County office I was energized to learn more and be a part of this great movement.  Although I was very busy volunteering during the event I was able to listen to the guest speakers.  One of them was a in her mid 40’s with school age children.  When she drove herself to the hospital during a heart attack her thoughts drifted to who was taking her son to practice and if the dishes were done.  As moms we never take time for ourselves; she had been ignoring warning signs for quite some time.  Her words made me stop for a moment and realize that she and I were not too dissimilar.
Throughout the month of February I learned more about heart health than ever before.  I learned about small easy things we can each do to safeguard ourselves and loved ones against heart attacks as well as start my daughter off on the right path with hearth healthy lunches and snacks.

I was grateful for that opportunity and look forward to both the LA and OC heart gala’s in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment