Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mothers Day weekend... Smith style!


It takes some one really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.

I know that I am a little late in my posting but as always Mommy and Wife take center and both roles have kept me very busy recently. After a great trip to Washington DC it was time to switch gears to soccer team mom and mommy. I flew back from DC early because it was our soccer teams LAST game of the season before the select team took over for tournaments and I couldn't possibly miss this game. I was so proud of our girls; Soccer-girls With a ‘Tude! We finished the season as 1st place in our region and 3rd in our division so a celebration was in order… we invited all 9 girls to our community for a swimming party. Yep, 9 girls in full soccer uniforms swimming in the pool for 4 hours. They were laughing and playing and celebrating…it was priceless. Now for the fun of our traveling select team which is 5 of the same girls and 5 new ones… another Team Mom season ahead!




Soccer-Girls with a "Tude

Post Game relaxation


This Mother’s Day, just like the last 6, Krystina has asked my breakfast preference and headed to the store with her daddy to purchase the items. Each year, with hope, she plans breakfast in bed for mommy at 9am. Mother’s Day is the one day that mommy gets to sleep in each year EXCEPT this mommy was still up at 7am each year! Grant thought he figured it out, he put black out curtains on the windows and was up at 6:30 to ensure that I didn't wake up when our little munchkin came tiptoeing into our room to wake him up. They thought of EVERYTHING… except the inevitable. At 7:02am I text Grant to tell him that sadly I was up and couldn't get back to sleep and my Kindle battery was dead so I couldn't even just lay there and read for 2 hours.

 

As I walked into the kitchen Krystina looked up half giggled and half frowned. I told her how hard I tried and how much I appreciated the thought but mommy’s just can’t sleep in. Without missing a beat I got the biggest hug ever and then she began BEGGING Grant to give me my gifts. So after cards and gifts they went to work on breakfast and made the best breakfast ever: bacon, eggs, fruit, and French toast (with powdered sugar). I was GIDDY. The entire day was spent uploading books on my NEW KINDLE and erasing my books off of my old one for Krystina. When she got up from her nap we cuddled into our big chair together and read – She read Anne of Green Gables and I read The American Sniper (I know light reading). Then we got to have a great BBQ with my other mother (aka my mother in law). I am blessed to have such a great family and blessed for the little girl that makes me a mommy.





Blessed mommy... 

My favorite sight to see... my two loves!


It was a perfect day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment