Wednesday, May 8, 2013

When they come back WE GIVE BACK - Boot Campaign




I am so excited to share with you my boot shoot for the Boot Campaign. I am over the moon excited to be part of this movement. I was introduced to the Boot Girls a few months ago and after talking to Christina for 10 minutes I was attached. 5 women started a movement that is now reaching globally with their boot sales and support is no short order and one I am very proud to support. Being able to strap on my boots under such a beautiful gown and supporting our military in this unique way was awesome! I even had to enlist the help of my Soldier husband to properly lace my boots - his best advice was left in a note on the fridge "I know it's uncomfortable but DONT forget to tuck your laces!" As Christina, Gwen and Megan at the Boot Campaign have told me... think about grabbing your boots instead of your heels to support our troops. YES, I will be doing that this year!

When you purchase a pair of boots from the Boot Campaign website the money goes directly to a program to assist wounded military or families of fallen military. They are currently in the process of planning their next great event, Boots on Broadway, to include families of our fallen, at an upcoming Broadway show – I am SO excited to help with this event along with their families of the fallen initiatives.

I’m looking towards a partnership between the Boot Campaign and Got Your Back this year!

About the Boot Campaign
The Boot Campaign is a grassroots initiative started by five women from Texas known as the Boot Girls. The campaign encourages everyone to “get their boots on”providing an easy and tangible way for Americans to show appreciation for troops, cultivate awareness of the challenges they face upon return and raise funds for military programs meeting the physical and emotional needs of our heroes.

What better way to say “Thank You” to our troops than wearing a pair of boots just like theirs? Join in the growing chorus of musicians, entertainers, athletes and other celebrities and get YOUR boots on!

We Cultivate Awareness:
We believe the first step in making a difference is to understand the need and to make people aware of that need. The Boot Campaign was developed to bridge the gap between American society and the warriors that protect her. The contrast of wearing combat boots with everyday clothes starts a conversation. When you put your boots on, people want to know what you’re up to! More often than not they also decide to join you. Before you know it, your act of wearing boots influences those around you to do the same. Our goal is to see 1.4 million Americans with their boots on thanking 1.4 million active duty military serving in 150 countries globally and stateside.

No comments:

Post a Comment