Wednesday, July 3, 2013

2nd Annual Long Beach Meal on Wheels Rock for Vets

The Rock For Vets mission is to create a music educational / instructional program for Veterans and others at-risk.  We offer music group instruction classes, whether one can already play an instrument or sing, or even if they just have the desire to learn.  All while building career skills transferable to the music industry all in a supportive and educational environment.

I met Katherine from Rock for Vets in November at the USS Midway during a Veteran’s Day Community Service event.  I loved learning about their mission and how they are working to help our Veterans so when it came time for the Long Beach Meal on Wheels 2nd Annual Rock for Vets event I was very excited to participate.  I was also very excited that my husband and daughter would be able to attend the concert and event – both were overjoyed as the music was fantastic.

I spent the day working on community awareness for the Got Your Back Network and talking to attendee’s about the needs of the surviving families of our fallen.  I was able to talk to more than 100 people about who we are and what we do.  Sharing photos of past events and enlisting volunteers for future ones. 


Grateful to Katherine and Frank for their wonderful music therapy program and for including me in this exciting and rewarding event.  I look forward to the 3rd Annual Rock for Vets Show!
Being able to be Mrs. California and representing an organization that I believe so much in makes each appearance that much better. 

The Rock for Vets show included several food trucks
The Silent Auction included autographed memorabilia by Justin Bieber, Madonna and Journey!

WONDERFUL music

I'm looking forward to delivering meals with the Long Beach program - they are doing wonderful things to assist our Veterans
The lovely Long Beach Scottish Rite Center

The Rock for Vets Guitar signed by every musical act in attendance





No comments:

Post a Comment