Thursday, March 21, 2013

Moments that last forever!


“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
Karl Lagerfeld.


It's been a whirlwind of a year already. During one of our first titleholder meetings we discussed attending the Bakersfield Pageant and that seemed like a lifetime away... and here it is!

Miss California, Tiffany Allen, and I were able to spend some time together and cheer on contestants as they competed for the Teen, Miss & Mrs. Bakersfield titles. Being in the audience and not on stage is a different feeling; the nerves are lessened but the excitement is overwhelming. The winners will be competing for our titles in just a few months - boy did it make everything so real for us both. I am blessed to have such an amazing sister queen to share my year. We missed having our other sister titleholder, Miss Teen Jayne Geist, but she was there in spirit.

At the end of the night there were 3 new titleholders ready to hit the ground running for their year to make a difference.


Being a titleholder has been more than a life changing experience, I have been able to meet some of the most amazing people and that night was no different. When I first arrived I met a sweet and very shy little girl named Ava. I found out through the course of the night that Ava had cancer and was just growing her hair back from treatment. By the end of the evening Ava was my new friend and we had a fantastic time talking about our love of pizza and tacos. It's in moments like those that being a 'Princess' means so much. I know that I will hold these memories for the rest of my life.


with our glasses - only cool girls wear glasses


Saturday was full of fun! I met up with Jess Cadena and her family for my ad page headshots. Jess is the photographer that was there the day Grant came home from Iraq. She caught the most amazing moments with our family, the nerves involved in waiting for the buses and the first hugs and kisses once they arrived. She and her husband will forever be a part of our family. After makeup by Sylvia @ Fly Cosmetics (incidentally she is the one that made me beautiful for the Mrs. California state pageant) and her friend Mooney on hand to do my hair I was ready. I am excited to see my photos and grateful for the time with these wonderful people who have supported my reign.

1 comment:

  1. It was so wonderful spending time with you! Looking forward to many more hangout before and after we give up out titles.

    ReplyDelete